Holiday Hosting: A Survival Guide for You and Your New Home
December 3, 2019
Is it your turn to host the holidays for your family this year? We can help with some tips to keep your new home orderly, whether your guests stay for just hours or several days.
- If you have guests coming from out of town, create an overnight kit before they arrive, including towels, toiletries, and any other items that will make them comfortable so you’re not scrambling to get them items as needed.
- If you’re concerned about dirty feet on your carpet, provide inexpensive footwear for your guests, for example, slippers, or fun holiday socks to wear throughout your home during your celebration. These also serve as nice gifts or party favors.
- Serve light-colored drinks, the light colors will not stain your carpet as easily, and will help you maintain the “newness” of your home. Why spend more resources and energy trying to fix something or prevent an unwanted situation while you could use little efforts to avoid its occurrence?
- If dark-colored drinks like wine are a must, encourage your guests to drink those in a place in your home without carpet, for example, the kitchen or on the lanai.
- Make a list to keep yourself organized of everything you need to prepare, and make as much of your list ahead of time as you can so you have time to relax and enjoy your guests. The freezer is a great tool to help you get ahead of the game.
The holidays are a time of sharing and enjoying life with those you hold closest to you. The last thing you need is to worry about is your home and ruining the new features that you’ve worked so hard to attain.
Show off your beautiful Sam Rodgers home to your friends and family this holiday season while keeping your home like new, and avoiding unnecessary stress.